- Employment at Ringling
- Motion Design Department, Full Time Faculty Appointment with Benefits
Employment at Ringling
Anticipated Start August 2013
Motion Design Department
Full Time Faculty Appointment with Benefits
Institution: Founded in 1931, Ringling College of Art and Design is a private professional college fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and CIDA, the Council for Interior Design Accreditation. Ringling College of Art and Design’s primary mission is to prepare students to be discerning visual thinkers and ethical practitioners in their chosen area of art and design and to provide an intensive professional education in the visual arts. Ringling College has taken a leadership role in the integration of high technology within art and design curricula in response to the marketplace and trends in the professions. The institution’s strategic plan positions the College for continued growth and development. It is authorized to award the BFA in thirteen visual arts disciplines and the BA in the Business of Art and Design, a new program that bridges the business world with art and design education. Ringling College employs 148 faculty who instruct 1,400 students from 46 states and 53 countries. The large residential campus is near downtown Sarasota. A cultural center of Florida, Sarasota is 65 miles south of Tampa and 75 miles north of Fort Myers. Additional information about the College is available at www.ringling.edu.
The Department: To meet the needs of an expanding academic vision and a growing student body, Ringling College is seeking qualified candidates for a full time faculty position in Motion Design (MD) with expertise for teaching 3D motion graphics and visual effects. The department has a supportive, collegial faculty and flexible curriculum that strongly values excellence. The MD department has robust support dedicated to using the most current technology.
Included among the Duties and Responsibilities of this position are: ability to teach Motion Design courses in 3D motion graphics and visual effects with hands on knowledge and experience, within a structure of three courses or nine credits per semester. This is a full time appointment with benefits. The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is August 2013.
Required Qualifications for the position will include evidence of:
- A bachelor’s degree and seven years of significant experience creating visual effects for the motion design or filmmaking industry that demonstrates expertise appropriate for teaching across a menu of MD courses, such as: 2D/3D animation, compositing or concept development
- Proficiency with at least two current software products relevant to the area such as: After Effects, NUKE, Cinema 4D
- Thorough work experience that includes composited shots using live action, miniature and CGI elements
- An ability to clearly communicate and work effectively with faculty, students and administrators
- Proficiency in digital technology and hands on knowledge and experience relevant to the area and courses
- Willingness to work in a collaborative educational environment.
Preferred Qualifications include evidence of:
- A master’s degree in motion design, broadcast design, filmmaking, animation or related field, with an outstanding record of professional creative achievement
- Successful college level teaching
- Capacity to increase the national reputation of the program
- A background in motion design for broadcast and/or commercial
- Advanced experience with studio lighting, video capture and compositing techniques
- Strong graphic design skills, with knowledge of image creation tools such as Adobe products
- Knowledge of scripting/programming for animation.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until position is filled. Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials if needed.
Ringling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer