Awards and Accolades
The students and alumni of Ringling College continue to receive the highest levels of recognition in the United States and around the world.
Take a look at some amazing awards and accolades that Ringling College, its students and alumni have amassed:
- Two Motion Design seniors received 2014 Adobe Design Achievement Awards for their senior thesis film on autism
- Ringling alumni have worked on every Academy-Award-winning Best Animated Feature since 2003.
- In 2014, Linkedin ranked Ringling College seventh among design schools for placement of graduates into top design jobs.
- Two Ringling College motion design majors won 2014 Adobe Creative Achievement Awards, an international competition for students in creative fields.
- A Ringling College alumnus received an Academy Award for Best Animated Short in 2012. A total of 17 Ringling alumni and a student intern worked on his film, "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore."
- Illustration major Brenna Thummler was named Zankel Scholar by the Society of Illustrators in 2014. The Zankel award goes to the most outstanding illustration junior in the country. Ringling students have won a total of four Zankel scholarships since the awards began seven years ago.
- In 2014, Ringling College was named among the top 25 film programs in the world by Hollywood Reporter.
- In 2014 , the Suncoast American Advertising Federation (AAF) awarded 36 ADDYs to Ringling students and alumni.
- Three Ringling College alumni won 2014 Daytime Emmy Awards.
- In 2012, two $30,000 Angelo Donghia Foundation prizes—one of the most sought-after awards in the interior design industry—were awarded to Ringling students. Ringling students have won this national competition every year but one since 2001.
- An Interior Design major won a $1000 scholarship award in the Robert Bruce Thompson Light Fixture Design Competition. Ringling students have placed in this competition every year they have entered.
- Computer Animation students have won Student Academy Awards 11 times since 1998. Most recently, 2013 graduates won gold and bronze Student Academy Award for their senior thesis films, “Dia de los Muertos" and "Peck Pocketed."
- An impressive 34 Ringling student works were accepted into the Society of Illustrators 2014 Student Scholarship Competition, the largest number from any college. A total of 163 pieces from Ringling students have been accepted for the competition in six years - also more than from any other college.
- Students’ artwork and profiles have been featured in CMYK, Print, How, 3D World, Variety, Computer Graphics World, The Wall Street Journal, and many more.
- The Ringling Computer Animation Program has been ranked #1 in North America for two years in a row by 3D World Magazine.
- Ringling College alumni have worked on each of the top 10 highest-grossing animated films in history.
- A Ringling alumnus was named one of "30 Artists to Watch in 2012" by NY Arts magazine.
- Always With Honor, the studio created by two Graphic & Interactive Communication alumni, was chosen in the top 20 for Print magazine's New Visual Artists Review issue.