What is a Writing Consultant

What Is A Writing Consultation?




Writing Links

First-year Writing at Ringling College: Every Ringling College student must take at least one writing class. A few students receive AP or transfer credit for this requirement, but most students in every major will find themselves in a writing class during their first semester at Ringling. For studio arts and design community students, there will be a second semester of writing in the spring semester of their first  year. 

Special Projects and Collaborations: 

ARC Writing Consultants can help with all aspects of any writing project. In recent years, we have developed close working relationships with a number of classes and projects college-wide. 

NASAC: National Student Advertising Competition:  are working with this year-long studio class in the Advertising Design department to ensure the best--and most correct--possible copy for their project book. 

Evidence Based Design: Third Year Interior Designers spend a year researching and writing about a specific design problem and the writing consultants help them comose, format, document and proofread. Ringling Writing classes use MLA Style Documentation (see link above), but EBDers use APA Style--and it has to be perfect!  

Fulbright Grant Applicants: Ringling College students who are interested in applying for this wonderful and prestigious opportunity need to begin early and write a lot. Writing consultants will be on hand to help with all aspects of this writing from organizing what to say to making sure it is well and correctly expressed. Follow this link for the Fulbright packet guidelines

Make An Appointment: It's a good idea to make an appointment first--for any ARC service. Writing Consultants can often accommodate drop-in writers, but you never know when a project that requires consultations--like one of the above or some other--is due the  next day. If your instructor requires consultations, you definitely need a consultation if the deadline is tomorrow! 

Referral Form: By using this form, Faculty and staff can help ARC workers know what students need--and assure themselves of notification when the student comes. 



Academic Resource Center:

Learning Support and Disabilities Services

Rm 227, Ulla Searing Student Center |  (941) 359-7627

Website: http://arc.ringling.edu