Veterans Benefits

Students applying for benefits will be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to receiving benefits.  New students applying for benefits must make an appointment to see the Veteran’s Administration (VA) Certifying Official in the Office of Advising, Records and Registration.  The VA Certifying Official will then complete eligibility papers for the student and submit them to the VA.  Eligible students must maintain satisfactory academic progress for all terms in which they are enrolled, in order to continue to receive benefits.

For information and forms, visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website at  Click on the links, "Apply for Benefits" and "Get Started".  This website contains all of the information you will need to take you through the step-by-step process of applying for your VA benefits.  You may also contact the VA by phone at 1-888-GIBill1 (1-888-442-4551) and a VA Education Case Manager will assist you through this process.

You can contact Ringling College's VA Certifying Official, Joanne Garbarino at 941-359-7529 ( with any questions or concerns that you may have. You can make an appointment with Joanne by clicking here: Make an appointment