- Health Services Overview
- Medical Services
- Student Insurance
- Download/Print Your Insurance Card
Ringling College is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Sarasota Memorial Hospital to provide basic medical services to students in our new on-campus facility located at 2712 Bradenton Road.
Medical services are available on campus MWF from 8 AM - 1 PM and TTh from 11 AM - 4 PM. You may walk into the Health Center without an appointment. For non-urgent medical questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941.309.4000.
The Sarasota Memorial Urgent Care Center located at 5360 University Parkway is open 7 days a week from 8 AM - 8 PM for students who wish to be seen when the campus Health Center is not open. (Telephone 941.917.1234) No appointment is necessary, but students must bring their Ringling ID and insurance card.
Our on-campus Medical Services Staff includes:
Stefanie Resch, ARNP
StaffThe Nurse Practitioner is available 25 hours a week on campus with medical oversight provided by Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.
Students will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and show their Ringling ID and insurance card.
Our new Student Health Center is equipped to diagnose and treat most common illnesses and conditions including:
- Colds & flu
- Sore throats
- Eye injuries
- Minor lacerations and burns
- Sinus infection
- Skin rashes
- Urinary problems
- Gynecological problems
- Sprains, strains and fractures
The following services will be provided at no additional cost for Ringling students:
- Visits with a mid-level provider
- Annual flu shot for every student
- Annual routine female gynecological exam and pap smear
- Allergy injection therapy
- On-site laboratory testing including urine dip, rapid strep, rapid flu and pregnancy
- After hours visit with a physician provided at the Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s University Parkway Urgent Care Center at no cost to students. (Costs may be incurred to the student if any additional services are provided.)
The following medical services can be provided for an additional fee; some of these fees can be billed to insurance depending on individual coverage or can be paid for at the time of service utilizing our discounted self-pay prices:
- Medications administered in the Student Health Center
- Outside laboratory fees for tests that cannot be completed in the Student Health Center
- STD testing, cultures, and blood work
- Medical supplies such as splints and slings
- Laceration repair and incision and drainage procedures
The following services will not be provided directly onsite at the Student Health Center but can be arranged and coordinated within Sarasota Memorial’s comprehensive network of services:
- Radiology services
- Physical therapy services
- 12-lead EKG
- Follow-up care for specialist visits at First Physicians Group of Sarasota
- Urgent or emergency room care
Information on Sarasota Memorial Hospital's Health Insurances Accepted is available here. Please be sure to check with your private insurer for their most up-to-date In-Network status. The student insurance offered through the College, participates with the preferred providers of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.