- Campus & Student Life
- Selby Gallery
- About Us Front Page
- Volunteer Opportunities
- 2015 Best of Ringling
- 2015 Senior Thesis
- Current Gallery Schedule
- Campus Map
- Selby Gallery
- Richard and Barbara Basch Gallery
- Englewood Art Center Gallery
- Patricia Thompson Gallery
- Longboat Key Center for the Arts Gallery
- Willis Smith Galleries
- Christ-Janer Gallery
- Crossley Gallery
- Two Columns Gallery
SELBY GALLERY VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Ringling College of Art and Design
2700 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, Florida 34234
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Monitor the Selby Gallery, greet visitors, and assist with routine office work.
Public gallery hours are Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Tuesday 10 a. m. to 7 p.m. The gallery office is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekdays. Volunteers are scheduled for a three hour assignment, once a week; .Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Gallery monitoring: greeting the public, counting attendance, monitoring security of artworks, answering telephone and taking messages, monitoring physical appearance and environmental conditions of the gallery.
2. Providing assistance to gallery staff when necessary.
1. Volunteer must have the ability and desire to communicate with the public as they are often the first representative of the Ringling School of Art and Design with whom our visitors come in contact.
2. Volunteer must have a commitment to their scheduled assignment, as the gallery staff will arrange meetings or off-campus appointments when they expect the gallery to have volunteer coverage.
Laura Avery, Assistant Director Selby Gallery