What are important dates and things to remember?
- Visit the Timeline and Checklist section to mark special reminders!
Where is the ceremony located?
- For detailed directions to the Bradenton Area Convention Center, click here.
Are there any recommended hotels?
- For a special listing of discount hotels, click here.
What is the arrival time for the ceremony?
- Arrive early. Graduates should plan to arrive in your regalia at the Bradenton Area Convention Center when the doors open at (TIME TBA) prior to the commencement start time and proceed to Bradenton Area Convention Center's Longboat Key Room.
The procession will begin promptly at the appointed time.
What is appropriate attire for the ceremony?
- Wear appropriate academic attire. Every graduate must wear approved cap and gown to participate in commencement. For safety reasons, we ask that no stiletto heels be worn.
What should you bring to the ceremony?
- Don’t bring personal items. For everyone's safety, all bags will be checked at the door. Please do not bring purses or other personal items. Students are asked not to carry anything in the ceremony. There is no place to check or store purses, jackets, or other personal items.
How many tickets will each graduate will receive?
- Each senior will receive 12 announcements in the Spring of their final semester. Tickets will be distributed evenly per senior based on the graduating class size. There will be a live online video feed the day of the ceremony (First come/First serve seating availability). Tickets/announcements will be available for pick-up with proper Student ID at the Office of Student Life in Mid-March. Check Ringling College email for exact details.
Are there any special festivities prior to the ceremony?
- Seniors should stay tuned to the Ringling College Portal and email to receive important announcements regarding Senior Week Activities.
- Also we encourage guests, friends, and family to attend the following special events:
Ringling College of Art and Design President Dr. Larry R. Thompson will host a reception for graduating seniors and their families on Wednesday evening, May 11, 2016 from 4:30-6:30p.m. at the Ulla Searing Student Center on the Ringling College of Art and Design campus.
A Baccalaureate service will be held on Wednesday, May 11, 2016, preceding the President's Reception at 3:30 in the Academic Center Auditorium.
Will there be a rehearsal prior to the ceremony?
- Yes! Graduation rehearsal for students will be held Tuesday, May 10 at 10 a.m. at the Diane Roskamp Exhibition Hall.
Will there be a recording of the ceremony? And will it be available to obtain in DVD?
- The ceremony will be recorded for archival purposes, however, DVD copies of the commencement will not be available for purchase at this time. Please, plan to bring your own electronic devices to the ceremony to capture the moment.
Will there be professional photographers at the ceremony?
- Yes! GradImages will be taking pictures throughout the celebratory event. They will also take three special pictures of each graduate:one prior to obtaining their degree, one as they receive the degree, and one after they walk across the stage.
When will graduates receive their signed diploma from the college?
- Actual signed degrees are mailed to graduates to their permanent home address after the ceremony.
How can one confirm their mail forwarding information after they graduate?
- Fill out a Mail Forwarding Form at the campus mailroom prior to leaving Ringling College to ensure your mail is forwarded to the correct address. Visit Mail Services online!
When must residential seniors move out?
- Residence Halls close for graduating residential seniors on the Friday after Commencement by 4:30pm. Contact email@example.com