Mandatory Forms & Checklist
- Mandatory Forms & Checklist
- Orientation and Dates
- Dining Service
- Supply Kit Information
- Student Life
- Sarasota Life
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Visiting Sarasota
Greetings New Students and Families!
Please, review the following Check-List Items/Forms
to assist you towards your New Student Orientation arrival
at Ringling College of Art and Design:
Please, review all Check-List Items:
(1) Self-Service: Self-Service is the system used to creating your Ringling College online account. It can be accessed via the Ringling portal at my.ringling.edu. The “New Account” link will provide the information required to create your new account.
(2) Health Information Form: All full-time and part-time students are required to complete and return a health information form. For any inquiries, please contact Health Services Office Manager, Reenie Page - firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) Student Health Insurance Cards: If you have been enrolled in the student health insurance plan through Ringling College, you will be able to print your insurance card by following the directions outlined here.
UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) provides a personal website to access things like printable ID cards, claims status, Explanations of Benefits (EOB's) and the ability to locate providers. To register, simply select the “Create Your Online Account Now” link from the top right corner of the home page www.uhcsr.com under the brown header labeled “Direct Links”. You should only need your name, date of birth and email address (use your school email address).UHCSR has gone “green” and does not mail ID cards, so you will need to please register to print your UHCSR ID card. You will need to present your insurance card each time you visit a physician's office as well as when you come into the on-campus health center.
If you cannot access your personalized insurance website, please contact Ms. Daryl Hall directly at email@example.com.
Also, when you make an appointment with a provider, be certain that the provider is currently a Choice Plus provider. Frequently, patients ask "Do you take my insurance?" which most providers will. However, the appropriate question is to ask if the doctor, therapist, etc. is an in-network provider for your plan. Before making an appointment off campus, we encourage you to research the provider online and then confirm current status when making the appointment. In-network providers should know the protocol to determine the coverage available to you.
Thank you and please do not hesitate to contact our insurance representative with any questions following review.
P. Daryl Hall
HSA Consulting, Inc.
2477 Stickney Point Road
Sarasota, Florida 34231-4099
Telephone: (888) 978-8355
Fax: (941) 925-2001
(4) Residence Life Housing Contract: Please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/concerns. Direct Link to Online Contract Form: https://www.ringling.edu/fileadmin/NewStudentHousingContract/lobby.php
(5) Review Academic Calendar: Want to know when mid-terms begin? Winter Break dates? Please, review the Academic Calendar at www.ringling.edu/calendar.
(6) Mail Services Information:
To ensure prompt delivery of mail/parcels; all new students need to address their mail as such:
1130 Greensboro Ln
During Orientation, they will receive a mail box number (NOT PO Box) which
will replace the “New Student” heading within the address. Keep in mind that
a Ringling College ID is required upon redemption of all package pick-ups.
RCAD Mail Services
(7) ON-LINE New Student Orientation: is a pre-requisite to attend fall classes and mandatory. You will receive an email to your Ringling College account (c.ringling.edu) on July 1, 2014 directing you how to logon to this on-line orientation. If you do not receive an email to your Ringling College account (c.ringling.edu), please contact email@example.com for assistance.
(8) ART Supply Kits:
New Student First Year Basic Supply Kits
All first year students at Ringling College of Art and Design are required to have certain art supplies at the beginning of Fall semester. To make your transition to Ringling College as smooth as possible, Ringling College Art Supply Store offers three different pre-assembled kits, Design Arts Kit, Studio Arts Kit, and Media Arts Kit. The Kits are offered at a substantial savings through the Campus Store, and will be available for pickup during New Student Orientation.
Please use links below to access more information on the specific kits and the order form. You may direct questions to the Ringling College Art Supply Store.
Mail: Ringling College Art Supply Store
2700 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34234-5895
Design Arts Kit (For the following majors: Motion Design, Advertising Design, Interior Design, Business of Art and Design, Graphic Design)
Total cost is $161.04 including tax.
Please note the Design Arts Kit is non-returnable.
Studio Arts Kit (For the following majors: Fine Arts, Digital Filmmaking, Photography and Digital Imaging)
Total cost is $220.42 including tax.
Please note the Studio Arts Kit is non-returnable.
Media Arts Kit (For the following majors: Game Art and Design, Computer Animation, Illustration)
Total cost is $361.13 including tax.
Please note the Media Arts Kit is non-returnable.
(9) Residential Life Information: (Roommate information available after August 1, 2014 on Self-Service for Fall Semester Admits.) Check regularly for any changes. If you need to speak with Residence Life directly, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(10) Self-Service: Sign-In to view for Schedule and Transfer Credits (if applicable) after August 1, 2014.
(12) Complete Community Service Project Sign-up by August 12, 2014.
Please read through the descriptions here: http://www.ringling.edu/campus-student-life/student-life/new-student-parent-information/orientation-and-dates/service-projects
Then complete the form Volunteerism Signup and Liability Waiver Form
(13) Read, Review, and Sign the Responsible Use of Electronic Communication Form and bring with you on Thursday, August 15 during your processing time to the IT Department station.
(14) Ringling College Vehicle Parking & Bicycle Permit Form Available in August during Thursday, August 14th New Student Orientation Processing or Online: http://www.ringling.edu/campus-student-life/campus-services/public-safety/public-safety/vehicle-and-bicycle-permits-parking/
(15) Student Processing Day Map Available in August during Orientation.
(16) Student ID Processing: We wanted to give you the opportunity to speed up your processing time during New Student Orientation, by submitting a photo for your Student ID before your arrival. Your Student ID is very important and must be carried at all times while on campus and will be used for residence hall access, renting from the library and meal plans.
Photos must be submitted via email by Thursday, August 7th. Files must be saved in .JPG format and with your last name, then first name (robinson-jekeyma.jpg). Please ensure that your picture is in a file size that will send over email.
Send a head and shoulders color photo against a solid background (same as a passport photo) to email@example.com. It is important that the photo is taken against a plain background/wall. We will not accept photos that have objects in the background. Please use ample lighting, and do not add photo effects. Hats and sunglasses should not be worn in the photo.
(18) Orientation Schedules now available!