Mandatory Forms & Checklist
- Mandatory Forms & Checklist
- Orientation and Dates
- Dining Service
- Supply Kit Information
- Student Life
- Sarasota Life
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Visiting Sarasota
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK BACK FOR REVISED DETAILS!
Greetings New Students and Families!
Please, review the following Check-List Items/Forms
to assist you towards your New Student Orientation arrival
at Ringling College of Art and Design:
Please, review all Check-List Items:
(1) Self-Service: Self-Service is the system used to creating your Ringling College online account. It can be accessed via the Ringling portal at my.ringling.edu. The “New Account” link will provide the information required to create your new account.
(2) Health Information Form: All full-time and part-time students are required to complete and return a health information form. For any inquiries, please contact Health Services Office Manager, Reenie Page - email@example.com
(3) Required Insurance or Insurance Waiver
Ringling College of Art and Design requires all degree-seeking students to be covered by a health insurance plan. A cost-effective health and accident plan designed to meet the regulations of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act standards is available to both domestic and international students. Newly enrolled Ringling Students who do not complete an online waiver showing coverage under a comparable comprehensive health insurance plan may be automatically enrolled, however enrollment is not assured unless you ACTIVELY ENROLL. If you wish to complete the waiver because you have your own insurance, please allow two weeks processing time before the charge is removed.
If you received a bill and already have insurance, you may pay the rest of your tuition bill minus the insurance bill. A full credit will be issued if the Online Waiver is completed within one month after the first day of classes (Sept 17, 2015). Please complete enrollment or waiver ASAP using the following link:
There you will find information about the group plan, how to enroll or complete the waiver form.
• For further questions related to waiver requests, eligibility, enrollment, benefits or claims students may directly contact: HSAC at (888) 978-8355 and simply identify themselves as a Ringling College student.
The Servicing Administrator for the RCAD Sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan is HSA Consulting, Inc. (HSAC).
Questions regarding health forms can be directed to Reenie Page firstname.lastname@example.org
Ringling Health Insurance Plan Details
The current Ringling College specific plan is available here.
All enrolled students (including incoming first years) are eligible for the Ringling Student Group Insurance Plan. A student may continue an existing fully paid policy after withdrawal until it’s expiration, but may not open a new policy as part of our student group or “renew” a student group policy while not currently enrolled (which includes time on leave).
(4) Residence Life Housing Contract: Please, contact email@example.com with questions/concerns. Direct Link to Online Contract Form: https://www.ringling.edu/fileadmin/NewStudentHousingContract/lobby.php
(5) Review Academic Calendar: Want to know when mid-terms begin? Winter Break dates? Please, review the Academic Calendar at www.ringling.edu/calendar.
(6) Mail Services Information: To ensure prompt delivery of mail/parcels; all new students need to address their mail as such:
1130 GREENSBORO LN
During Orientation, they will receive a mail box number (NOT PO Box) which
will replace the “New Student” heading within the address. Keep in mind that
a Ringling College ID is required upon redemption of all package pick-ups.
RCAD Mail Services
(7) ON-LINE New Student Orientation: is a pre-requisite to attend fall classes and mandatory. You will receive an email to your Ringling College account (c.ringling.edu) on July 1, 2014 directing you how to log on to this on-line orientation. If you do not receive an email to your Ringling College account (c.ringling.edu), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
(8) ART Supply Kits:
New Student First Year Basic Supply Kits
All first year students at Ringling College of Art and Design are required to have certain art supplies at the beginning of Fall semester. To make your transition to Ringling College as smooth as possible, Ringling College Art Supply Store offers three different pre-assembled kits, Design Arts Kit, Studio Arts Kit, and Media Arts Kit. The Kits are offered at a substantial savings through the Campus Store, and will be available for pickup during New Student Orientation.
Please use the links below to access more information on the specific kits and the order form.
You may direct questions to the Ringling College Art Supply Store.
Ringling College Art Supply Store Manager
Mail: Ringling College Art Supply Store
2700 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34234-5895
Design Arts Kit (For the following majors: Motion Design, Advertising Design, Interior Design, Business of Art and Design, Graphic Design)
Total cost is $197.95 including tax.
Please note the Design Arts Kit is non-returnable.
Studio Arts Kit (For the following majors: Fine Arts, Film, Photography and Imaging)
Total cost is $251.45 including tax.
Please note the Studio Arts Kit is non-returnable.
Media Arts Kit (For the following majors: Game Art and Design, Computer Animation, Illustration)
Total cost is $384.13 including tax.
Please note the Media Arts Kit is non-returnable.
(9) Residential Life Information: (Roommate information available after August 1, 2015 on Self-Service for Fall Semester Admits.) Check regularly for any changes. If you need to speak with Residence Life directly, please email email@example.com.
(10) Self-Service: Sign-In to view for Schedule and Transfer Credits (if applicable) after August 1, 2015.
(12) Complete Community Service Project Sign-up by August 13, 2015.
All information pertaining to projects will be available by August 1st.
Please read through last year's 2014 Project Descriptions here: http://www.ringling.edu/campus-student-life/student-life/new-student-parent-information/orientation-and-dates/service-projects
Then complete the Volunteerism Sign-Up Liability and Waiver Form after August 1st.
(13) Read, Review, and Sign the Responsible Use of Electronic Communication Form and bring with you on Thursday, August 13th during your processing time to the IT Department station.
(14) Ringling College Vehicle Parking & Bicycle Permit Form Available in August during Thursday, August 13th New Student Orientation Processing or Online: http://www.ringling.edu/campus-student-life/campus-services/public-safety/public-safety/vehicle-and-bicycle-permits-parking/
(15) Student Processing Day Map Available in August during Orientation.
(16) Student ID Processing: We wanted to give you the opportunity to speed up your processing time during New Student Orientation, by submitting a photo for your Student ID before your arrival. Your Student ID is very important and must be carried at all times while on campus and will be used for residence hall access, renting from the library and meal plans.
Photos must be submitted via email by Monday, July 27th. Files must be saved in .JPG format and with your last name, then first name (robinson-jekeyma.jpg). Please ensure that your picture is in a file size that will send over email.
Send a head and shoulders color photo against a solid background (same as a passport photo) to Miss Jess firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important that the photo is taken against a plain background/wall. We will not accept photos that have objects in the background. Please use ample lighting, and do not add photo effects. Hats and sunglasses should not be worn in the photo.
(18) Orientation Schedules will be available through an Ap called Guidebook. Please check back in August for more details!