Mandatory Forms & Checklist
- Mandatory Forms & Checklist
- Orientation and Dates
- Dining Service
- Supply Kit Information
- Student Life
- Sarasota Life
- Frequently Asked Questions
Greetings New Students and Families!
Please, review the following Check-List Items/Forms
to assist you towards your New Student Orientation arrival
at Ringling College of Art and Design:
(1) Self-Service: Self-Service is the system used to creating your Ringling College online account. It can be accessed via the Ringling portal at my.ringling.edu. The “New Account” link will provide the information required to create your new account.
(2) Health Information Form: All full-time and part-time students are required to complete and return a health information form.
(3) Student Insurance Information: To be included in a separate summer mailing for Fall Semester admits. For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) Residence Life Housing Contract: Please, contact email@example.com with questions/concerns. Direct Link to Online Contract Form: https://www.ringling.edu/fileadmin/NewStudentHousingContract/lobby.php
(5) Review Academic Calendar: Want to know when mid-terms begin? Winter Break dates? Please, review the Academic Calendar at www.ringling.edu/calendar.
(6) Mail Services Information:
To ensure prompt delivery of mail/parcels; all new students need to address their mail as such:
1130 Greensboro Ln
During Orientation, they will receive a mail box number (NOT PO Box) which
will replace the “New Student” heading within the address. Keep in mind that
a Ringling College ID is required upon redemption of all package pick-ups.
RCAD Mail Services
To Review in JULY 2014:
(1) ON-LINE New Student Orientation: is a pre-requisite to attend fall classes and mandatory. You will receive an email to your Ringling College account (c.ringling.edu) on July 1, 2014 directing you how to logon to this on-line orientation. If you do not receive an email to your Ringling College account (c.ringling.edu), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
(2) ART Supply Kits:
New Student First Year Basic Supply Kits
All first year students at Ringling College of Art and Design are required to have certain art supplies at the beginning of Fall semester. To make your transition to Ringling College as smooth as possible, Ringling College Art Supply Store offers three different pre-assembled kits, Design Arts Kit, Studio Arts Kit, and Media Arts Kit. The Kits are offered at a substantial savings through the Campus Store, and will be available for pickup during New Student Orientation.
Please use links below to access more information on the specific kits and the order form. You may direct questions to the Ringling College Art Supply Store.
Mail: Ringling College Art Supply Store
2700 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34234-5895
Design Arts Kit (For the following majors: Motion Design, Advertising Design, Interior Design, Business of Art and Design, Graphic Design)
Total cost is $161.04 including tax.
Please note the Design Arts Kit is non-returnable.
Studio Arts Kit (For the following majors: Fine Arts, Digital Filmmaking, Photography and Digital Imaging)
Total cost is $220.42 including tax.
Please note the Studio Arts Kit is non-returnable.
Media Arts Kit (For the following majors: Game Art and Design, Computer Animation, Illustration)
Total cost is $361.13 including tax.
Please note the Media Arts Kit is non-returnable.
To Review in AUGUST 2014:
(1) Residential Life Information: (Roommate information available after August 1, 2014 on Self-Service for Fall Semester Admits.) Check regularly for any changes. If you need to speak with Residence Life directly, please email email@example.com.
(2) Self-Service: Sign-In to view for Schedule and Transfer Credits (if applicable) after August 1, 2014.
(4) Complete Community Service Project Sign-up by August 12, 2014.
Please read through the descriptions here: http://www.ringling.edu/campus-student-life/student-life/new-student-parent-information/orientation-and-dates/service-projects
Then complete the form Volunteerism Signup and Liability Waiver Form
(5) Read, Review, and Sign the Responsible Use of Electronic Communication Form and bring with you on Thursday, August 15 during your processing time to the IT Department station.
(7) Student Processing Day Map Available in August.