Mandatory Forms & Checklist
- Mandatory Forms & Checklist
- Orientation and Dates
- Dining Service
- Student Life
- Sarasota Life
- Frequently Asked Questions
Help us keep green!
Beginning in 2010, Orientation administrator Dr. Jennifer Awe, migrated previously paper-based orientation material to an online format to decrease use of paper as well as materials used for printing and mailing. In addition to her efforts, additional offices saw the value in "going green" and provided a more environmentally sustainable system and converted many of our hard copy forms to online forms and registration systems. Please see these forms below.
In addition to the “green” forms, an online Orientation training module replaced hard copy mailings and handouts given to students during the week long orientation program and save approximately 10 pieces of paper per student and 5 pieces of paper per parent/family member. Starting in August 2010, reusable water bottles for each participant were distributed by our Recreation and Wellness department at check-in in lieu of disposable water bottles and in 2012, Tervis Tumblers were given to every student to be used in our on campus dining halls instead of plastic cups. Approximately 18,000 pages of paper and 1200 water bottles are saved each summer by using these sustainability practices.
As you review the following information and forms, please consider saving them electronically to your smart devices for quick and easy reference verses printing them out. Remember, at Ringling College we are a community that is interconnected and depends on each of us to contribute to a great good. Make going green your greater good!
PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE AND/OR REVIEW THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL IN AUGUST:
Starting in JUNE 2013:
Information on how to access IQWeb/Self-Service, the on-line registration system, has been sent to all accepted students in a letter from Dr. Tammy S. Walsh, Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students. IQWeb/Self-Service can be accessed via the Ringling portal at my.ringling.edu* ; If you have not received your letter, the “New Account” link will provide the information required to create your new account.
(1) Pre-Registration Form *UPDATE! This form is no longer a required document. Please disregard this item from the mailed checklist (rev. June 13 2012)
(2) Health Information Form: All full-time and part-time students are required to complete and return a health information form (accessible here).
(3) Student Insurance Information: to be included in a separate summer mailing for Fall Semester admits. For any inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
(4) Review Academic Calendar: at www.ringling.edu/calendar*.
Starting in JULY 2013:
(1) On-line New Student Orientation is NOW AVAILABLE: is a pre-requisite to attend fall classes and mandatory. You will receive an email to your Ringling College account (c.ringling.edu) on July 1, 2013 directing you how to logon to this on-line orientation. If you do not receive an email to your Ringling College account (c.ringling.edu), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
(2) Supply Kits:
There is a list of art supplies and other items that you will be required to purchase as a first-year student enrolled at Ringling College of Art and Design.
To make your transition to Ringling College as smooth as possible, our Ringling College Campus Book Store offers completely assembled "First Year Basic Supply Kits" that contain all the supplies you will be required to have for your classes.
The Kits are offered at a substantial savings through the Campus Store, and will be available for pickup during New Student Orientation beginning on August 16th. To verify your order or if you have questions and/or concerns,
Please, contact the Ringling College Campus Bookstore at 941-359-7565 or email email@example.com.
Please click on the following links for further details:
(3) Disability Services Information: visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) website for more information on services or schedule a meeting time with staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(5) Complete AlcoholEdu Part I: Fall Semester Admits: Access AlcoholEdu* after mid July, 2013 and complete Part I by August 12, 2013.
(6) Complete Career Services' College Central Network Registration:
Click on Register Now to begin creating your online career profile and viewing opportunities!
Starting in AUGUST 2013:
(1) Residential Life Information: (Roommate information available after August 1, 2013 on IQWeb/Self-Service for Fall Semester Admits.) Check regularly for any changes. If you need to speak with Residence Life directly, please email email@example.com.
(2) Check IQWeb/Self-Service: for Schedule and Transfer Credits (if applicable) after August 1, 2013.
(4) Complete Community Service Project Sign-up by August 12, 2013: Please read through the descriptions here: http://www.ringling.edu/campus-student-life/student-life/new-student-parent-information/orientation-and-dates/service-projects/ then complete the form Volunteerism Signup and Liability Waiver Form
(5) Read, Review, and Sign the Responsible Use of Electronic Communication Form and bring with you on Thursday, August 15 during your processing time.
(6) Ringling College Vehicle Parkig Pemit Form
(7) Student Processing Day Map HERE
Starting in SEPTEMBER 2013:
(1) Complete AlcoholEdu Part II: Access AlcoholEdu* after classes begin to complete Part II.