New Student Orientation Service Project
New Student Orientation Service Projects
When students arrive on campus for New Student Orientation each fall, they experience a variety of educational and social activities designed to help you successfully transition to Ringling College of Art and Design, and to become actively involved in the Sarasota community.
The Student Volunteerism and Service-Learning staff strive to develop and broaden these types of learning opportunities to help students enhance their leadership skills, build friendships, and facilitate teamwork. As part of the Orientation experience, students participate in a self-selected community service project.
Past options or sites for service have included projects at or for:
- Mural Painting
- Salvation Army
- Environmental Clean Up of the Campus Whitaker Bayou
- Habitat for Humanity
- G.Wiz Hands-On Science Museum
- InStride Equine Therapy
- Community Haven for Adults and Children
- Sarasota County Parks (past sites include Alligator Creek and Caspersen Beach)
- Pines of Sarasota
- Sarasota YMCA
- Orange Blossom Community Garden
Read descriptions of the 2013 projects choices here.