Annual Faculty and Alumni Awards
- Perspectives Magazine
- Alumni Admissions Network
- Get In Touch
- Campus Tours
- Update Your Information
- Share Your News
- Get Involved
- Giving to Ringling
- Golf Tournament
- Alumni Spotlight
- Donor Stories
- Annual Faculty and Alumni Awards
- An Evening at the Avant-Garde
It is my great pleasure to invite you to submit nominations for the fourth annual Robert O. Barkley Distinguished Educator Award and Ringling College of Art and Design Alumni Awards. These awards are a way for members of the Ringling College community to thank and honor those whose contributions to their professions and to Ringling have been exceptional - people who have made an impact on the College and on all of us who work, teach, and learn here.
Below you will find descriptions of each award and instructions on how to nominate faculty and alumni for them. I hope you take the time to do so. And I encourage you to include as much information as possible - including stories and remembrances - to help the selection committee understand why you were moved to nominate someone. We will present the awards at a reception on campus in January.
Assistant Vice President for Alumni Relations & Advancement
Robert O. Barkley Distinguished Educator Award: Patrick Lindhardt, Norman Hervieux, Kim Elam
Distinguished Alumnus of the Year: George Pierson '65, Wendell Minor '66, Brandon Oldenburg '95
New Achiever Award: Mark Unger '02, Shawn Barber '99
Outstanding Service Award: Moe Mitchell '59, Tom Stanley '74, Jamie DeRuyter '97
Special Lifetime Achievement Award: Fiore Custode '62
The Robert O. Barkley Distinguished Educator Award
The Robert O. Barkley Distinguished Educator Award honors a member of the Ringling College faculty who epitomizes the highest level of performance in teaching and who has made a contribution of exceptional merit to the College.
Recipient must currently be a regular full-time or long-term part-time member of the Ringling College faculty who has been at the college for more than 4 years continuous service.
Criteria to consider:
Does this faculty member
- Challenge, motivate and encourage students to learn
- Have enthusiasm for his/her subject, for teaching and for student learing
- Posess integrity, open-mindedness and objectivity
- Find innovative ways to teach
- Care about students and inspire them to achieve the best is within themselves
- Contribute to the vitality and strength of Ringling College
$7,500 will be awarded to the recipient of the Barkley Distinguished Educator Award.
Ringling College of Art and Design Annual Alumni Awards
The Ringling College of Art and Design Annual Alumni Awards honor members of the Ringling College alumni community who have made significant contributions to their professions, communities, and college.
Qualities/Criteria to be Recognized:
- Distinguished Alumnus/a Award: Exceptional leadership and or achievement in his/her professional field of endeavor.
- New Achiever Award (for graduates of the past 10 years): Notable professional achievement, a potential for future accomplishments, and/or leadership/achievement in his/her community.
- Outstanding Service Award: Remarkable contributions to the Ringling College community.