Ringling College Continuing Studies
Englewood Art Center
A division of Ringling College Continuing Studies, the Englewood Art Center (EAC) focuses on education, exhibitions, and events. EAC serves as a nexus for artists and audiences to inspire creativity, exchange ideas, endorse imagination, and encourage creative growth. In addition to four galleries for exhibitions, we house two 2D studio classrooms, a ceramics studio, a digital media studio, and a lending library. Classes are offered online via Zoom and onsite at EAC in south county Sarasota.
Your membership helps underwrite and support EAC’s programming. Members receive discounts on classes, workshops, exhibition entry fees, and special events. In addition, members can check out books from our lending library, show work in our Member Gallery, and participate in our Open Studio programs.
EAC depends on your support for quality programming. Your donation will sustain creativity and culture for the EAC community.
EAC can always use extra hands! If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at EAC, please join us!
The following list includes areas where EAC can always use help:
- Front Desk and telephone greeters
- Represent EAC at area events
- Assist with set-up, clean-up and facilitating receptions and events
- Receiving and Removal for open call exhibitions
- Pop-Up Booth at the Englewood Farmers Market
- Writing articles for the newsletter and archiving print materials regarding EAC
- Jurors and Judges for open call exhibitions
- Open Studio Monitors (certifications are required for Ceramics, Digital Studio and Figure Drawing. See front desk staff for more details about required certifications and trainings.)
Requirements for volunteering at EAC:
- Application/Information Sheet: including contact and emergency contact information, applicable skills, areas of volunteer interest, availability to volunteer (days and times)
- Membership: volunteers must be members of EAC during the time of volunteer service
- Background check: Ringling College of Art and Design requires a background check for all eligible volunteers