Student Access Services (Formerly Disability Services)

Welcome to the Office of Student Access Services! 

Student Access Services (formerly Disability Services) works collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and administration to create an inclusive educational environment for all students. In keeping with our institutional value of diversity, community and the whole student, Ringling College of Art and Design provides a variety of support services to all students and appropriate accommodations to students with documented disabilities. Accommodations are arranged by the SAC (Student Access Coordinator). Use this webpage to learn more about registration, documentation and the process of accommodation.

  1. To receive accommodations, students should document their disabilities, complete necessary forms, and meet with the SAC. 
  2. Students must make an appointment with the SAC before or during the first week of the semester to arrange accommodations. Accommodations cannot be completed more than a month before classes begin.
  3. Accommodations are NOT retroactive. Students may request accommodations at any time in the semester, but the services will only apply going forward.
  4. Students will sign an agreement and a release of information so accommodations can be implemented. All information is confidential and will be used for educational purposes only.
  5. Students must request accommodations each semester when they will need services.
  6. Requests for housing accommodation must be submitted with the housing contract along with documentation for the special request. Questions about housing options and restrictions should be directed to the Office of Residence Life.

Questions and concerns about accommodations should be reported to the SAC as soon as possible.

Please note that accommodation processes are different in college from high school. Copies of policies at Ringling College are available on request from the SAS office. (



Prospective Students 

Though the accommodation process cannot begin until a student has been accepted to the college, many people have questions prior to applying. Students should review this information regarding procedures and documentation requirements and, if any questions arise, please email

To begin the application for acommodations, please complete the online application and upload documentation using our new online management system - AIM.

  • Click here to access AIM
  • Complete the Student Application by filling in all the items with a red *
    • Your must use your Ringling College email address.
  • Once you click submit, a screen will appear for documentation.
    • For files larger than 1 mb, scan as separate files or zip the large file
  • You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your student application.
  • Once your application has been submitted, schedule an appointment with the SAC to review requests and for determination of approved accomodations.
    • This face-to-face meeting is required before any accomodations can be put into place.

Click here for an appointment 



Accommodation Process 


Students New to Student Access Services  

Students who are new to Student Access Services, must make an appointment with the SAC before accommodations can be acquired. If you have any questions about the process, please email us at


Students Currently Registered with Student Access Services

Students who are already approved for accomdations are required to renew every semester. if you are satisfied with your accomodations and would like to renew them, please email If you were NOT satisfied with your accomodations last semester, please make an appointment to discuss your questions/concerns with the SAC. 

To file an appeal regarding academic accomodations, please contact Clair Willrich at

For any grievance against the Student Access Coordinator, please refer to the Student Grievance Policy



Documentation of a Disability 

In keeping with our institutional value of diversity, inclusive community and the whole student, Ringling College of Art and Design provides robust support services to all students and appropriate accommodation to students with documented disabilities.

Legally a disability is any condition which creates substantial limitations in daily activities for an individual. Often disabilities pose more challenges in some circumstances than others, and sometimes circumstances can be modified in ways to minimize the limitations. However in many situations, adjustments must be made specifically for the individual with a disability—and those are called accommodations. In college, accommodations are made to provide students equal access to all college-sponsored activities and events, especially to classrooms and instruction. To receive accommodations for those situations, students are asked to provide documentation.   

Documentation may be required to verify the need for certain services. Other times, further information from professional evaluations may be required to establish and explain the basis for requests. Information from health care and other providers is always useful to the SAC who needs to understand the effects and consequences of the disability as well as the diagnosis and recommended accommodations.

    At Ringling, students whose access to buildings, instruction or campus activities is limited by a disability should click on the link to the Accommodation Process page for step by step instructions on applying to the office of Student Access Services and uploading necessary documentation.

Useful documents may include

  • IEPs (individualized education plans) from elementary and high school
  • 504 plans
  • Psycho-educational or neuropsychological evaluations
  • Letters from physicians or other providers about diagnosis, treatment and recommended services.
  • Diagnostic reports and updates

For disabilities due to medical or mental health illnesses, the SAC can provide a questionnaire to help providers understand students and their needs.

Students and guardians with concerns about documentation or any other aspect of accommodation should contact the office of Student Access Services at

Questions and concerns about accommodations should be reported to the SAC as soon as possible. Students dissatisfied with accommodations may submit an appeal
Students may also submit a complaint to the appropriate government agency.


Request Info