Richard and Barbara Basch Visual Arts Center
The Richard and Barbara Basch Visual Arts Center is a 38,660-square-foot building that opened in 2018. It was designed by Sweet Sparkman Architects and built by Willis Smith Construction.
The Richard and Barbara Basch Visual Arts Center houses the:
- Daniel E. Offutt III Wood Shop
- professional level Glass Studio
- Letterpress and Book Arts Center
- Lois and David Stulberg Gallery
- Printmaking Studio
- Visual Studies program
The modernist-influenced steel and glass building was named for Dr. Richard and Barbara Basch, great supporters of the College with a serious commitment to glass arts.
The building is LEED certified. Some of the sustainable features of the building include:
- an exterior constructed of zinc panels, a zero maintenance material that doesn’t rust, and uses a natural chemical reaction to form a patina that protects and repairs minor surface damage.
1188 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Way
Sarasota, FL 34234