Ringling College’s PreCollege is a transformational experience for emerging artists and designers ages 16-18. During the four-week intensive, students follow a robust curriculum of core classes for fundamental skill building, as well as two selected immersions for a deeper investigation of areas reflective of their interests in the College’s 13 degree programs. PreCollege offers a rich co-curricular series of mini-workshops, as well as Student and Residence Life activities. First-time students who complete PreCollege successfully receive three elective college credits.
PreCollege 2024 will be held on campus from June 23-July 20. Application opens November 1, 2023. Save the date and apply early.
For Accepted PreCollege Students
PreCollege 2023 Recap
High school students between 16 and 18 years of age who are currently enrolled in grades 10-12 are eligible to apply. A complete application includes:
- A completed PreCollege application form
- A $50 application fee (non-refundable) For Waitlist use code PC23WV_2
- A recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor
- A 250 word statement about your creative experience and aspirations
The application period opens Nov. 1 each year. Space is limited and those interested are encouraged to apply early.
- Application fee $50
- Program deposit upon acceptance $500
- Balance due May 15 $5,650
- Refundable residency/damage deposit $300
Above totals include all standard supplies and fees. Additional supply and/or lab fees may apply based on immersion enrollment.
Scholarship and Grant Information
Through the generosity of Ringling College donors, a limited amount of need-based financial support is available. Those opportunities are detailed as part of the application process. To be considered, applications (including scholarship requests) must be received by March 3.
- Need-Based Financial Grant Application NOW CLOSED