Chartwells – Ringling College of Art and Design’s on-campus food service provider – is working hard to make positive changes, updates to menus and programming, and expand hours for the upcoming semester.
So what does this mean and look like for students?
For starters, it means the return of a more robust meal program and increased options, which will include:
- Enhanced action station with made-to-order options
- Full breakfast bar
- Rice bar with selected accoutrements
- Pop-up stations featuring sneak-peek menu items from the future Cunniffe Commons
- Increased options for special dietary requirements and needs
- Bring your parents – they eat for free with students who are on a meal plan
- And so much more!
In addition, to reduce Ringling College’s carbon footprint and encourage sustainability, washable china and flatware will be used. Diners will have the option again to use the eco-friendly, green to-go boxes. Mobile ordering will also be available.
Additional programming and themed meal events will continue throughout the year, including the Nutrition and Wellness campaign, Balanced U program, a monthly showcasing of local Farmers Markets, and focus groups.
Ongoing details, events, and menus are updated on the Ringling Dining website.
A new dining hall, Cunniffe Commons, will open in January 2023. This state-of-the art facility will include multiple cuisine stations, a market, indoor and outdoor dining, and a teaching kitchen.
New hours of operation for meal swipes will increase to the following:
Hammond Commons (Fall 2022) and proposed for Cunniffee Commons (Spring 2023)
Monday – Friday
- Breakfast: 7:30-9:00 am, Continental Breakfast: 9:00-10:30 am
- Lunch: 11:00 am-1:00 pm, Late Lunch: 1:00-3:00 pm
- Dinner: 5:00- 8:00 pm, Late Dinner at Outtakes/Market: 8:00-11:00 pm, M-F
Saturday and Sunday
- Continental Breakfast: 10:00-11:00 am., Brunch: (Hot Entrees), 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- Dinner: 5:00-7:00 pm
Meal exchange options will be continued at these locations during their hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am-11:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 5:00-10:00 pm
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 am-6:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am-2:30 pm